Evening clouds

Evening clouds
Sunshine and Clouds

Wednesday 14 December 2022

D92 #100WorkingDays Change and Challenge

 As winter settles in, in the northern hemisphere at least I am thinking about the changes of the past, and the challenges to come. Those two C’s could be swapped in the last sentence.  Change and challenge seem to go hand in hand. Why is it we tend to find change a challenge? There seem to people who can throw themselves into a challenge - as a Strictly Come Dancing fan I really admire the way (most of) the celebrities go for it. It seems then they are changed as the series comes to an end. 

I am perhaps more risk averse than those dancing heroes. Yet the challenge of the blog I set myself has felt risky at times. And there have been times in practice that feel risky when starting conversations with those I’m caring for. By exploring and listening we enter into a process of change where we establish the new reality. There’s an element of control that we can exert over this challenge. There are events though that challenge as they are not in our control or influence directly.

Be it politically led or some kind of natural catastrophe, changes occur. Our news feeds have examples of tragedy and some triumphs that can change our mood and challenge us to action. Whether signing a petition, donating money and time, or taking direct action we act by being challenged in the hope of creating change. So facing a move away from nursing and full time working there will be lots of change and challenge. These have a sense of anticipation, and whilst I’ll be stepping away from a clinically focused role I’ll still be looking to challenge and change working for the better through my Freedom to Speak up work.



No comments:

Post a Comment