Evening clouds

Evening clouds
Sunshine and Clouds

Wednesday 5 October 2022

D44 #100WorkingDays Meeting and knowing

In day 42 I mentioned the help of an ex midwife “we knew”, in the context of my revision. The midwife was Jill. That ‘we’ was Megan and me. By then we’d been engaged and preparing for our marriage. We’d first met about two and a half years earlier. Megan had moved to north London to start her teaching career about a year after I’d been in Edgware. Our paths crossed in the house of mutual friends we’d made in the area. A benefit it turned out, of making a local life outside work.

Apparently I caught her eye whilst I fed a toddler some banana. So on occasion we’d meet socially though each was in a relationship with another. It took a couple of years for us to get better acquainted. I helped with advice about the care of her Mini (an original proper Mini) whilst  Megan offered me food at her flat, and the opportunity to watch Brideshead Revisited on her t.v. Megan also had a cat, so with a flat albeit often cold and a car, I did well. 

It didn’t take long for us to decide we’d go out together, and for me to realise I ought to propose. Megan says I was so nervous she thought I was going to dump her. Glad to report she said yes, and the following summer we married. That was 40 years ago, and a great day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment